Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eco-friendly Easter goodies!



An eco-friendly Easter basket!

This was Terra's second Easter, and as I found myself collecting goodies for her basket, I wondered what in the world the Easter bunny has to do with Easter. I was unaware that Easter was originally a pagan festival that celebrated the return of spring with the Goddess Eastre who's earthly symbol was a rabbit. The Resurrection of Christ coincided with the celebrations, and this is where modern day Easter comes from.  Whether you celebrate the return of spring or the Resurrection of Christ, it is incredibly easy to do so while respecting the Earth!

Here is what the eco-friendly Easter rabbit brought Terra this year:
An environmentally friendly Peter Rabbit book:


A wooden lamb  made in the USA from post-industrial recycled wood and sustainably managed wood:


I would love to hear what do you do to celebrate Easter in a way that respects the Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment